Esendugue Greg Fonsah Professor Agricultural & Applied Economics
Mailing Address Tifton, CAES Campus 4602 Research Way, 301 H.H. Tift Building, Tifton, GA 31793
Shipping Address Tifton, CAES Campus 2360 Rainwater Road, Tifton, GA 31793
Own this profile? Request changes
- Ph.D., Agricultural Economics - University of Nigeria (Nsukka, Nigeria), 1993
- M.S., Agricultural Economics - University of Kentucky, 1987
- M.B.A., Business Administration/Management - Morehead State University, 1985
- B.S., Management & Executive Secretarial - Berea College, 1983
- Farm Management
- Agricultural Production and Management
- Agribusiness Management
- Agricultural Marketing Management
- International Agricultural Development
- International Agricultural Trade and Policy
Awards, Honors, and Leadership
- 2014 (May 05): Senior Scientist Award of Excellence in Extension, University of Georgia, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Tifton, Campus, May 5.
- 2014: Outstanding PhD Student Award (Sebastain Awondo), Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics, University of Georgia, Athens, GA. (Major Professor and Co-Dissertation Chair).
- 2014 (April): B 1312 - Commercial Tomato Production Handbook ranked 5th in the Top ANR Publications with 3,632 visits, College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, University of Georgia, Athens.
- 2011 (June) CAES Top Publications by Department, B 1303 – Economic Analysis of Producing Southern Highbush Blueberries in Soil in Georgia with 74 visits; Average time on page = 6:31 minutes.
- 2009 (May 07): Sigma Xi Award for Creative Research from the Scientific Research Society, Tifton GA.
- 2008 (July–Sept): American Society of Horticultural Science (ASHS) Journal HortTechnology Top 10 Articles Read in June “Evaluation of Commercial Banana Cultivars in Southern Georgia for Ornamental and Nursery Production”. HortTech 18:529–535.
- 2008: Blue Ribbon Extension Communication Award (1st Place), The American Society for Horticultural Science, Southern Region for the “Commercial Tomato Production Handbook” publication.
- 2007: Blue Ribbon Extension Communication Award (1st Place) from the American Society for Horticultural Science, Southern Region for the “Commercial Pepper Production Handbook” publication.
- 2006: Outstanding Master’s Thesis Award (Mark M. Byrd) from the Southern Agricultural Economics Association (Thesis committee member).
- 2006: United States President’s Volunteer Service Award for dedicating at least two years or 4,000 hours to serve others at home or abroad. The award was accompanied with a letter from the White House signed by President George W. Bush.
- 2005: State Staff –South Young Professional Regional Award, Georgia Association of County Agricultural Extension Agents.
- 2005: Senior Director Award, Georgia Association of County Agricultural Extension Agents State Staff South.
- 2004: Junior Director Award, Georgia Association of County Agricultural Extension Agents, State Staff –South.
- 2005: Georgia Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association Cash Award for contributions in the “Critical Use Exemption of Methyl Bromide (CUE) application package for GFVGA.