John Bergstrom Richard B. Russell Agriculture Professor Agricultural & Applied Economics
Mailing Address Athens, CAES Campus 0208c Conner Hall, 147 Cedar St., Athens, GA 30602
Shipping Address Athens, CAES Campus 208C Conner Hall, 147 Cedar St., Athens, GA 30602
Own this profile? Request changes
- Ph.D. - Texas A&M University, December 1986
- M.A. - Clemson University, August 1982
- B.S. - University of Maryland, December 1979
Special Honors Received for Academic Achievement Member, ODE-International Honor Society in Economics
- Member, Phi Kappa Phi - National Honor Society
- Izaak Walton League of America Conservation Scholarship, University of Maryland, 1979Awards and Special Recognition
Awards and Special Recognition
- Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award, Agricultural and Environmental Economics Club, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics, The University of Georgia, 1999.
- Selected by The University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences to represent the College in the Class 7, ESCOP/ACOP Leadership Development Program, September, 1997-June, 1998.
- Outstanding Graduate Faculty Award, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics, The University of Georgia, 1996.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Certificate of Appreciation, For outstanding leadership and technical design in conduct of the Guntersville project and collaboration in other projects, August, 1994.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Certificate of Recognition, Chequamegon and Nicolet National Forests, Wisconsin, 1993, For service and significant contributions to the Scientific Roundtable on the Socioeconomic Impacts of Ecosystem Management, June, 1993.
- Junior Faculty Award, Gamma Sigma Delta Honor Society, 1992.
- Society of American Foresters Certificate of Appreciation, May, 1991, For service as session coordinator, National Conference on the Economic Value of Wilderness, Jackson, Wyoming, May, 1991.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Certificate of Appreciation, December, 1989, For Research on Equilibrium Modeling and other significant contributions to the 1989 RPA Outdoor Recreation and Wilderness Assessment.
- Honorable Mention. Best Research Article Award, 1996. Presented by the Soil and Water Conservation Society for the article entitled, "Economic Analysis of Best Management Practices in the Gum Creek Watershed Water Quality Program. J. of Soil and Water Conservation. March/April, 1996.